The FAAE 2017 symposium provides two opportunities for students and researchers to present their work including Poster and Oral presentations.
We invite abstracts from across forensic anthropology, archaeology, and ecology.
We are particularly interested in (but not limited to):
- New forensic technologies
- Interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary research promoting a holistic approach to the forensic sciences
- Interpretation of forensic evidence
- Maximum 15 minutes presentation time
- Presentations will be in groups of 3/4 with questions at the end for all speakers
- Slides need to be in PowerPoint compatible format (please be aware that quicktime videos may not play in the venue)
- Please use A1 sizing for posters (portrait or landscape)
- Any material (fabric, laminated etc.)
- Poster board adhesives will be provided on the day
- You can also attach business cards, information sheets, and/or A4 sized versions of your posters to the boards
Abstract Submission Schedule
|Abstract submission Opens||15 March 2017|
|Abstract submission Closes||05 May 2017 (23.59 GMT)|
|Notification of accepted/rejected abstracts||15 May 2017|
|Conference online registration closes||09 June 2017 (23.59 GMT)|
Please complete the abstract form here: Abstract Submission Form
Save your file in the format: “LastName_Initial_Oral” or “LastName_Initial_Poster”. If you submit multiple abstracts, please save these in the format: “LastName_Initial_Oral_1”, “LastName_Initial_Oral_2”.
The abstract should contain an overview of your oral presentation OR poster and include as a minimum:
If you submit an abstract for an oral presentation but are not chosen to present, your abstract will be considered for a Poster.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words (excluding title, and personal details)
- Please submit all abstracts, posters, and slides in English
- Submit to FAAEsymposium@gmail.com by the 5th May 2017, 11:59pm GMT
- Please use the following format for your email subject “[LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME] Abstract Submission”
- Please make sure you register separately here: Registration